[Lustre-announce] Lustre in Top 500

Peter Bojanic Peter.Bojanic at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 24 06:20:02 PDT 2009

Lustre community,

We're pleased to announce that Lustre provides storage for 7 of the
Top 10 HPC systems in the world as per the June 2009 "Top 500" list
announced at the International Supercomputing Conference in Hamburg,
Germany.

#2 ORNL Jaguar (Cray)
#4 NASA Ames (SGI)
#5 LLNL Dawn BG/P (IBM)
#6 UT Kraken (Cray)
#8 TACC Ranger (Sun)
#9 LLNL BG/L (IBM)
#10 Juelich JUROPA (Sun)

In addition to 70% of the Top 10 systems, Lustre also powers 70% of
the Top 20 and 62% of the Top 50 systems in the world.

These number have held fairly steady for the last few years and
demonstrates Lustre's unparalleled (pun intended) ability to
continually scale with the largest systems in the world.

Congratulations to the Lustre Group at Sun and many thanks to our
vibrant community of users and OEMs who have contributed to this
success.

Cheers,
Bojanic