[Lustre-announce] Lustre Contributor Agreement & ClusterStor

Peter Bojanic Peter.Bojanic at Sun.COM
Sat Nov 28 04:31:43 PST 2009

Hi folks,

I spoke to many users at SC'09 about the importance of maintaining a
consistent codebase for Lustre across the many sites using it around
the world. Sun works diligently with its partners to ensure that the lustre.org
  releases are proven in production on a range of hardware at major
Lustre sites such as LLNL and ORNL.

I'm pleased to announce a new contributor to the Lustre community:
ClusterStor Inc, a company founded in early 2009, has signed Sun's
Lustre Contributor Agreement, enabling us to work together to exchange
Lustre patches and new features.

http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php/Contribution_Policy

The Contributor Agreement is an important part of Sun's community
collaboration. We have these agreements in place with many of our long-
standing partners and users, which has enabled rapid innovation for
Lustre on world leading HPC systems.

Sun looks forward to working with ClusterStor and all our development
partners to advance the state of the art in scalable file systems
through the lustre.org community forum. Please look there for many on-
going improvements and up-coming news about our new developer program.

Cheers,
Bojanic