[Lustre-announce] Lustre mailing list moderation

Peter Bojanic Peter.Bojanic at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 9 08:10:02 PST 2009

Folks,

We've received a couple of questions recently about the list moderation controls on lustre-discuss and lustre-devel. I'd like to clarify things for you all.

We actually took this step some time ago after some offensive spam was posted to the list, just before last year's LUG. Moderation is required only the _first_ time that a new account posts in order for our administrators to verify that it's a legitimate user and not a spammer. Thereafter posts are completely unmoderated.

While this does mean that new members of our community have a slight delay before their first postings goes through, we feel that it's an acceptable trade-off to prevent the list becoming clogged with spam.

Cheers,
Bojanic