[Lustre-announce] Oracle Lustre Strategy Update - April 14, 2010

Peter Bojanic peter.bojanic at oracle.com
Wed Apr 14 07:04:07 PDT 2010

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to offer a more detailed explanation of Oracle's strategy for the Lustre File System. The attached slide deck outlines our plans, answering the following important questions that our users have been asking:

-  What is Oracle’s open source strategy for Lustre?
-  Where can I get Lustre today?
-  Is Oracle going to support a Lustre community?
-  Will Oracle continue to work with resellers?
-  Will Oracle continue to release a software-only Linux version of Lustre?
-  Will kDMU be made available for Linux?
-  Will Oracle continue to invest in ldiskfs?
-  What's the Lustre roadmap beyond Lustre 2.0?
-  How can Lustre 1.8 customers upgrade to Lustre 2?

I look forward to seeing many of you tomorrow at the Lustre User Group meeting where I will review the strategy and address your questions.

Cheers and best regards,
Bojanic