[Lustre-announce] How did Lustre + KVM work?

Christoph Raible chr.raible at gmail.com
Mon May 31 08:45:29 PDT 2010

Hi @all,

we are actually working on a semester project in our University an we have
to create a HighAvaliability Cluster for KVM Virtualisation.
Wie decide to test Lustre for the Cluster because of its functions.

The installation of die MDS an OSS was esay and successfull.

Now we had the following problem. If we want to install a patchless client
on CentOS 5.5 the Lustre modules did not load. KVM works fine.
If we install the Lustre kernel from the RPM lustre works fine but KVM
doesn`t work now.

Did anyone have some tips / information for us how to solve these problems?

Kernel version of Centos 5.5 is  2.6.18-194.3.1.el5

regards

Christoph Raible