[Lustre-devel] Lustre and zfs on solaris

Ricardo M. Correia Ricardo.M.Correia at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 23 14:15:35 PDT 2008

Hi James,

(snip)

I don't know what is your background with Lustre, but here are a few
links to get you started:

* Lustre operations manual:
http://manual.lustre.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

* Lustre build instructions:
http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php?title=BuildLustre

* Access instructions for the CVS repository:
http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php?title=Open_CVS

* How to build/setup the userspace OSS (this is what you want the most):
http://wiki.lustre.org/index.php?title=Lustre_OSS/MDS_with_ZFS_DMU

Note that currently only the userspace OSS can be used in Solaris (and
with ZFS).
Also note that when using the uOSS, you have to use an MDS compiled from
the HEAD branch.

Cheers,
Ricardo

--