[Lustre-devel] Interested in cluster membership services

Ragnar Kjørstad lustre at ragnark.vestdata.no
Fri Apr 25 01:48:04 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 03:30:46PM +0300, MihaiStanescu wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am a developer working on a project involving a cluster and i
> researched the development of cluster services (node discovery, group
> membership, group mantainance, election, consensul) but i still have
> many roads i can take with no experience feedback
>
> If someone of you could give me some practical hints, have a little
> chat would be great.

I would suggest that you start by checking out the Open Cluster
Framework (http://opencf.org/) and Service Availability Forum
(http://www.saforum.org/) specifications for such cluster services.

The opencf mailinglist would be a good place for further questions or
discussion.

--
Ragnar Kjørstad
Software Engineer