[Lustre-devel] Reducing amount of glimpses

Eric Barton eeb at sun.com
Fri Feb 1 22:39:14 PST 2008

Oleg,

Reduction (as you describe) is an absolutely essential strategy
to achieve scalability.  So without having checked through all the
details of your idea, it feels like absolutely the right solution.

If your idea not only changes latencies but also significant orderings,
I'll feel less secure.  Have you thought it all through?

    Cheers,
              Eric