[Lustre-devel] Lustre HSM HLD draft

Ricardo M. Correia Ricardo.M.Correia at Sun.COM
Mon Feb 11 16:25:14 PST 2008

On Seg, 2008-02-11 at 14:32 -0800, Nathaniel Rutman wrote:

> I'm missing the point of this discussion.  Clearly we shouldn't/can't
> use ctime/mtime for anything internal to Lustre; that is what object
> versions are all about.  Why are we talking about adding new fields or
> anything else?

If by object versions you are referring to the version field in the
ldiskfs inodes that Andreas mentioned, then we need to add a similar
field/attribute in ZFS.

It seems that Andreas has already filed bug 14865 for this.

Cheers,
Ricardo

--

Ricardo Manuel Correia