[Lustre-devel] storing SOM epoch in EA

Yuriy Umanets Yury.Umanets at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 19 02:38:39 PST 2008

Alex Zhuravlev wrote:
> hmm. not sure I got it. epoch is per-inode. and we don't need >1 epoch
> for
> any inode.

Yes, right. We will not have few epochs for the inode. I think we need
Nikita here as he is author of IAM and may help us.

In HEAD we have got OI (Object Index) which purpose is to map object
fids into object store cookies (inode + generation). Fid here is the key
and inode store info is value. We have only one such mapping entry for
any inode. I proposed to have similar mapping, but store SOM epoch for
the inode same way. Use fid as key and epoch as value.

Nikita, is this correct using of IAM?

Thanks.

--
umka