[Lustre-devel] storing SOM epoch in EA

Alex Zhuravlev Alex.Zhuravlev at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 19 07:42:03 PST 2008

well, this was one of the reasons I asked lustre-devel@ for inputs.
what else we do consider important to store in inode.

probably we should list all existing and planned EAs and rank them.

also, I've got to think that for some cases we don't need to load
LOV EA. for example, for getattr in case of SOM (size/blocks are
cached on MDS). or for revalidation when client already has LOV EA.

thanks, Alex