[Lustre-devel] Re-direction inodes

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore.com
Wed Jun 4 02:11:29 PDT 2008

----- "Andreas Dilger" <adilger at sun.com> wrote:

> filesystems it is possible to encode part of the pathname somewhat
> like:
>
> 	/home///$UID///file
>
> but I think you are proposing a completely transparent mapping of
> content:
>
> alice> cat /etc/passwd
> alice:x:1000:1000:Alice:/home/alice:/bin/bash
>
> bob> cat /etc/passwd
> bob:x:1001:1001:Bob:/home/bob:/bin/bash

I *think* autofs5 allows for $UID/$GID in mount maps to provide different mountpoints - but that only gives you a whole unique tree not individual files. Depending on the number of files you wish to be unique for each user you could perhaps use a symlink for the file which then points to an autofs5 map with a $UID in it. You may need to use --bind mounts if it points to a LustreFS.

Daire