[Lustre-devel] security: MGS connection
Eric.Mei at Sun.COM
Thu Jun 5 09:54:54 PDT 2008
Here is an updated user interface proposal, please review:
- MGS can be configured to "only allow RPC with certain level of
security from certain node". The default is 'allow any'.
- Each node choose what security flavor to use to connect MGS when
mounting target device or client, by mount option "mgssec=flavor". By
default 'null' (no protection) is chosen.
- For MDT/OST, the option "mgssec=flavor" could also be written on disk,
like other parameters, but will be override if mount option supplied.
- If flavor of GSS/Kerberos is specified, some pre-configured machine
credential will be used, so no need to supply password or whatsoever.
- The flavor of MGS connection won't change until umount, no matter how
rest of connection flavors change at runtime.
- If there's multiple mounts on one node, they must specify the same
security flavor. For example, if we do:
# mount -t lustre -o mgssec=krb5p /dev/sda1 /mnt/ost1
# mount -t lustre -o mgssec=null /dev/sda1 /mnt/ost2
then the second mount will fail immediately.
More information about the lustre-devel