[Lustre-devel] Moving forward on Quotas

Yong Fan Yong.Fan at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 9 01:52:56 PDT 2008

Peter Braam 写道:

> On 6/6/08 1:33 AM, "Johann Lombardi" <johann at sun.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 06:45:36AM -0700, Peter Braam wrote:
>>
>>> Well, this protocol hasn't been published yet; why not include the server
>>> side uid / gid then?
>>>
>> I understood from Fanyong that according to the remote client design
>> requirements, we should not allow the remote client to access the server-side
>> uid/gid mapping.
>>

> You have two choices: break that rule OR let the MDS server do the ownership
> changes.  It's not complicated, just make a choice.
>

>>> But more seriously, how is this encoded in such a way that the OST can trust
>>> the information - it must be in the capability too?
>>>
>> hmm, I don't see any capability associated with this.
>>

> We had better find it, otherwise there is a security hole.

I think we can divide clients into two sorts: trusted and untrusted.
The client reliability is defined by administrator. Remote client
should be counted as untrusted one. The best simple way is that:
local client is trusted, remote client is untrusted.

For the trusted ones, disable capability, OSS set file "uid" and "gid"
with "oa.o_uid" and "oa.o_gid". It is the current using means.
For the untrusted ones, enable capability, OSS set file "uid" and "gid"
which contain in the OSS capability got from MDS when open.
With OSS capability enabled will affect performance, and current
capability's design does not contain the consideration for that. We
can fix the OSS capability design in the task "o3_se_capa_review"

Note: since capability feature is time-consuming, we want to support
enforcing capabilities on selected clients (or somewhat MDS/OSS
capability should aim at remote client). On he other hand, enforcing
capabilities on selected clients can simply the capability interoperability
between HEAD and b1_6.

If this idea can be approved, then the current remote client uid mapping
rules can be unchanged, uid mapping on OST is unnecessary also.

Thanks!
--
Fan Yong