[Lustre-devel] Moving forward on Quotas

Yong Fan Yong.Fan at Sun.COM
Mon Jun 9 09:09:33 PDT 2008

Peter Braam 写道:
> Thanks for explaining.
>
> The trust concept you outline is definitely not acceptable - we need a
> capability for all access and modifications done through clients on behalf
> of a capability.
>
> Even changes made by the MDS need to be secured - that can be through a
> kerberos connection, and again, not through blind trust.

The client reliability (trusted or untrusted) and the MDS/OSS capabilities
are not conflict. They can be combined together as mentioned in draft of
new MDS/OSS capabilities HLD.

capabilities.lyx is the old HLD
capability_hld.lyx is the new HLD which is in patch inspection and fix.

Thanks!
--
Fan Yong