[Lustre-devel] COS

Mikhail Pershin Mikhail.Pershin at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 11 21:39:58 PDT 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:24:42 +0400, Mikhail Pershin
<Mikhail.Pershin at Sun.COM> wrote:

> VBR implementation handle this case, so we didn't forget about this case
> during development. This case wasn't in design and it was found during
> implementation/testing already and solution was discussed with Alex. The
> HLD itself is not yet updated for this case, I am fixing this.

Sorry, lost details here.
Actually the solution is only preventing assertion on server side and
return version mismatch if inode can't be reused. Therefore the client
will not be reintegrated successfully. This is supossed to be fixed fully
with FIDs so no special workaround was made specially for 1.6

--
Mikhail Pershin
Staff Engineer