[Lustre-devel] subtree locks and path re-validation avoidance

Peter Braam Peter.Braam at Sun.COM
Sat Mar 1 09:39:39 PST 2008

Hi

On 2/29/08 8:05 AM, "Vladimir V. Saveliev" <Vladimir.Saveliev at Sun.COM>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 20:15 -0700, Peter J Braam wrote:
>> I'd like to make a suggestion to perhaps immediately find the right
>> primitives for getcwd to return a reasonably correct pathname in
>> Lustre.
>
> Peter, would you say a bit more about that:
>
> currently, there is nothing a filesystem can do in linux's getcwd. It
> simply returns instant dcache path from "." to "/".

Yes.  So the question is what new dentry methods we might add so that the
dcache can call into the FS to validate the path.

The second question is then if these would be useful for revalidating
subtree lock paths.

- Peter -