[Lustre-devel] Moving forward on Quotas

Peter Braam Peter.Braam at Sun.COM
Sat May 31 19:44:27 PDT 2008

That the total number of quota RPC's made by all OSS's (up to 5000 of them)
should not exceed something like 1/3 of this, based on today's hardware,
otherwise quota traffic will slow the cluster down.

We have seen big servers do 15,000 updates/sec sustained, so that is a
measure we can use at the moment.

Peter