[Lustre-devel] Doubly indexed tree / changelogs

Alex Zhuravlev Alex.Zhuravlev at Sun.COM
Mon Sep 22 00:26:55 PDT 2008

Peter Braam wrote:
> Sure, when aggregations apply.  But they do not apply in general (e.g.
> Filesets that are search results) and we need a doubly indexed tree for
> that.

ah, clear enough

> Hence my question, what doubly indexed trees exist?

there is K-D tree, but I'm not sure it fits here.

if number of filesets is limited, then we probably could build a table of
all possible filesets ovelapping and put table's index into inode? this is
for reverse mapping to find all filesystems for given inode.

thanks, Alex