[Lustre-devel] Credits, peer credits and concurrent sends

Scott Atchley atchley at myri.com
Tue Feb 24 10:32:25 PST 2009

Hi all,

I am updating MXLND. I am looking at O2IBLND as a reference and I am
wondering what is the difference between the above module parameters?

The o2iblnd_modparams.c file has:

static int credits = 64;
CFS_MODULE_PARM(credits, "i", int, 0444,
                 "# concurrent sends");

static int peer_credits = 8;
CFS_MODULE_PARM(peer_credits, "i", int, 0444,
                 "# concurrent sends to 1 peer");

#if IBLND_MAP_ON_DEMAND
static int concurrent_sends = IBLND_RX_MSGS;
#else
static int concurrent_sends = IBLND_MSG_QUEUE_SIZE;
#endif
CFS_MODULE_PARM(concurrent_sends, "i", int, 0444,
                 "send work-queue sizing");

where IBLND_MSG_QUEUE_SIZE is 8.

Can anyone elaborate on differences and relationships (e.g. what does
it mean if concurrent_sends is greater than peer_credits or is that
not allowed)?

Thanks,

Scott

--