[Lustre-devel] Testing LNET

Scott Atchley atchley at myri.com
Thu Jul 16 14:10:44 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I have implemented handling of hosts with different PAGE_SIZE in
MXLND. I am running tests to make sure that I did not accidentally
break something else. So far, I have been using lctl and pinging back
and forth as well as with obdecho (using loadgen).

When running loadgen tests or lctl test_brw with loadgen's echosrv
running, if I kill a host (either client or server) and bring it back
up, LNET seems happy (MXLND reconnects normally), but loadgen does not
resume. When using lctl test_brw and I restart a server, the client
reconnects but then fails an assertion when it connects to a new
server with:

LustreError: 6295:0:(echo_client.c:1341:echo_client_cleanup())
ASSERTION(eco->eco_refcount == 0) failed

If this the proper way to test a LND? What other methods can you
suggest?

Thanks,

Scott