[Lustre-devel] Multithreaded liblustre

Oleg Drokin Oleg.Drokin at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 10 12:06:48 PDT 2009

Hello!

On Sep 10, 2009, at 3:03 PM, Lee Ward wrote:
>> On Sep 10, 2009, at 8:52 AM, Tuve Nordius wrote:
>>> Does anyone know what need to be done/ the main obstacles  in
>>> order to
>>> make liblustre multithreaded?
>> What sort of multi-threadness are you looking at?
>> Currently socklnd has separate threads if I remember right.
>> There are no callbacks and other async stuff happening, but that is
>> pretty much by design so would be hard to change.
> If you are talking about the API, the current head for SYSIO is
> thread-safe for all but initialization, mount, unmount, and shutdown.
> Don't think it works for liblustre at present, but
> rklundt at sandia.gov is
> currently doing a port, maybe done already.

Well, there are many sides to "multithreaded", that's why I am asking.
Good to know.

> But... I thought SUN had dropped support for liblustre entirely? Did I
> miss something?

Liblustre is still a first class citizen, fully supported in HEAD (2.0)
codebase too, tested along with other stuff at scheduled intervals in
our testsuite.

I don't even remember anybody proposing dropping liblustre support in
recent times.

Bye,
     Oleg