[Lustre-devel] using LST for performance testing

Nic Henke nic at cray.com
Tue Sep 29 11:03:57 PDT 2009

Nic Henke wrote:
> Isaac Huang wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 03:33:18PM -0500, Nic Henke wrote:
>>

> I'm wondering if we couldn't add a new 'batch_stat' command. The idea is

So - for a current swag:

- I'm thinking of timing the 'test instance' run (sfw_test_instance_t) -
this would get timing for each test run end-to-end but be detailed
enough to show the different timing with --concurrency > 1 is used.
Doing per-RPC timing seemed to heavy and I'm not sure that level of
resolution is really needed.

- the new command 'test_stat' would collect this data ala the current
'stat' but allow CSV dumping for more fine-grained analysis. I'd
probably dump some node & group info as well to make easier to do
'group' stats.

Nic