[Lustre-devel] [Lustre-discuss] Optimal block size for database ...

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Sun Dec 12 18:28:06 PST 2010

Lustre only supports 4096-byte blocksize for ldiskfs, so that makes your study very easy. I suspect that Oracle database uses 8192-byte blocks, but to be honest I don't know anything about it.

That said, Lustre is probably not very well suited for Oracle databases, but I'd be very happy to see any results you can generate in this configuration. Please post the results to this list.

Cheers, Andreas