[Lustre-devel] Cannot easily build from master source anymore

Aurelien Degremont aurelien.degremont at cea.fr
Thu Dec 16 03:19:31 PST 2010

Brian J. Murrell a écrit :
> Is this in fact the problem you run into?  You didn't actually say what
> the problem you had was in your original posting, just that there was a
> problem.  It's usually a good idea to at least print the error message
> when you are reporting a failure.

Indeed it was my issue.
But I've realized that I cannot reproduce the issue anymore.

'git bisect' told me that it was this commit which fix the issue:

commit e1a8487277a83449fa2c92ba363162b692c3ebef
Author: Terry Rutledge <terry.rutledge at oracle.com>
Date:   Fri Dec 3 21:19:03 2010 -0800

     Needed to create a new tag for 2.1.0 build 09.  For some reason the
     previous tag was not being propagated out, so v2_0_58_0 is being
     created for this build.

(configure now say : "buildid: none... congratulations, you must be on a tag"

So this is ok for me, but i'm surprised that nobody from oracle hit this issue in-between.

--
Aurelien Degremont
CEA