[Lustre-devel] releasing BKL in lustre_fill_super

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Thu Dec 16 06:39:10 PST 2010

On 2010-12-16, at 6:47, Jeremy Filizetti <jeremy.filizetti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Andreas Dilger <andreas.dilger at oracle.com> wrote:
> In fact, this config llog copying should only be done on the first mount of the OST, or if the configuration has changed.
>
> We've actually removed this entirely for the 2.4 release, though that doesn't help you now.
>
> Does that mean the llog component of Lustre is completely removed?  Is 2.4 an Oracle only release?

No, only that the copying of the config llog from the MGS to the OST has been removed. The llog subsystem still is used to maintain distributed operation consistency.

"Lustre 2.4" is the anticipated release number when that change might become available. As yet, it is still pre-alpha code, and while this change is available in bugzilla as a series of patches, it would need some effort to port it for 1.8.