[Lustre-devel] SOM questions

Alex Zhuravlev Alex.Zhuravlev at Sun.COM
Mon Jan 11 19:42:38 PST 2010

On 1/12/10 12:59 AM, Vitaly Fertman wrote:
> what do you mean stable? If you mean they are not going to change,
> this is exactly what OST doesn't know because it doesn't know if file
> is opened.

let me rephrase it: stable means there is no pending (cached) IO on
the clients and all locally cached (on OST) changes are committed to disk.

> could you clarify how you can block IO from "lost" clients without
> writing some id (VBR id?) to OST objects and not waiting for this
> change to commit before updating MDS with new attributes?

this is related but different issue discussed in "SOM safety" :) we
consider at least 3 options for that.

thanks, Alex