[Lustre-devel] proposal on implementing a new readahead in clio

Alex Zhuravlev Alex.Zhuravlev at Sun.COM
Tue Jan 26 02:02:32 PST 2010

Hi,

I think we could help a lot if you restructure the proposal a bit:

first of all, describe the algorithm w/o implementation details,
probably using notion of event: read event extending window, io to
get data ahead, read-ahead io completion, hit/miss, etc.

then map these events to specific code paths? explain what kind of
information/mechanism layers miss to implement the algorithm?

z.