[Lustre-devel] extend lnet_notify to public LNet API

liang Zhen liang at whamcloud.com
Tue Nov 16 19:00:53 PST 2010

Nic,

Are you suggesting to provide a new API like:

int LNetNotificationAttach(lnet_notification_callback_t callback);

to register a global callback for LNet, the callback will be called on
any lnet_notify_locked? If so I don't see any reason we can't do this,
at least from my point of view. One thing we need to concern is that we
can't get such a notification for remote peers because no direct
connection with them in LNDs, we can only get notification for routers
but upper layer wouldn't be so interested in routers.

Also, seems to me it's a much bigger change in upper layer than in LNet.

Regards
Liang