[Lustre-devel] Hangs with cgroup memory controller

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Wed Jul 27 10:11:28 PDT 2011

Two ideas come to mind. On is that the reason you are having difficulty to reproduce the problem is that it only happens after some fault condition. Possibly you need the client to do recovery to an OST and resend a bulk RPC, or resend due to a checksum error?  It might also be due to application IO types (e.g. mmap, direct IO, pwrite, splice, etc).

Possibly you can correlate reproducer cases with Lustre errors on the console?

Lustre also has memory debugging that can be enabled, but without a reasonably concise reproducer it would be difficult to log/analyze so much data for hours of runtime.

Cheers, Andreas