[Lustre-devel] Moving ldiskfs external to the Lustre tree

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Wed Oct 12 19:05:51 PDT 2011

Chris,
I'm not against this in principle, but I think it may be more difficult to actually implement before the OSD changes from Orion are landed to master.  In the past we also thought about making ldiskfs as a separate package, before ext4 started in the kernel.

I've seen Prakash working on those patches but will not have time to look at them until at least next week.

Are those patches against the master branch or against Orion?  Also, what kernels are supported?

Cheers, Andreas