[Lustre-devel] For ptlrpc and related modules cleanup

Xuezhao.Liu at emc.com Xuezhao.Liu at emc.com
Wed Feb 29 00:29:15 PST 2012

Hi Johann,

As we only need to compile lquota module and defines HAVE_QUOTA_SUPPORT as 1 when Lustre is configured without “--disable-server” option and without “--enable-quota=no” option.
So indeed all HAVE_QUOTA_SUPPORT macros inside all source files of lustre/quota can be removed to make the code looks clean. (indeed we only compile lustre/quota in the case HAVE_QUOTA_SUPPORT is defined as 1).

And there are some function declarations inside quota_internal.h -- client_quota_adjust_qunit, lov_quota_adjust_qunit etc., neither they have function body nor have callers. So these declarations can be removed. (or has other reasons to remain them?)

This email can be ignored if I am correct and please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Xuezhao