[Lustre-devel] [wc-discuss] Re: [Twg] Lustre and cross-platform portability

Alexey Lyashkov alexey_lyashkov at xyratex.com
Fri Mar 16 03:35:42 PDT 2012

Windows don't have a good OFED port so we anyway will lost a performance.
but using a full client will able to use a striping information and accept a data from a several OST's
with comparing a get a single data stream from a SMB.

Also fuse client will able to run on any OS have a FUSE porting that is any BSD, OpenSolaris, MacOS, in additional to the windows.
That is easy way to maintain a single client for many OS.