[Lustre-devel] tunefs.lustre before mount

Ben Evans Ben.Evans at terascala.com
Mon Jul 1 11:06:08 PDT 2013

Assuming I can get access to all the "correct" parameters, would there be a reason that performing a tunefs.lustre before each mount would be harmful?  It's the most straightforward way I can think of to force Lustre to have the correct configuration (ib addresses, etc.) at all times.

I don't think it should be an issue, I was just wondering if anyone had run into problems repeatedly running tunefs.lustre (1000s of times against each target)

-Ben Evans