[Lustre-devel] Lustre 2.4 Release

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Thu Jun 20 05:29:21 PDT 2013

Hi Indivar

You are not the first to get confused by the semantics in the terminology.

A maintenance release stream is a series of maintenance releases that follows a given feature release.

So, 2.4.0 is a feature release, 2.4.x is set to become our next maintenance release stream, and 2.4.1 (due out in Q3) will be the first maintenance release in that stream.

The visual on the roadmap showing the link between the feature releases and the maintenance releases aims to illustrate this.

Does this make sense? Do you have any suggestions how we could clarify this?

Peter