[Lustre-devel] Lustre 2.4 Release

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Thu Jun 20 14:19:51 PDT 2013

Just the usual upgrade process as per the manual.

On 6/20/13 10:38 AM, "Indivar Nair" <indivar.nair at techterra.in<mailto:indivar.nair at techterra.in>> wrote:

Ok. The diagram seems to suggest that 2.4.0 would be first maintenance release.

Anyways...

So I will be able to make an inplace upgrade from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 when it is released.
i.e. no re-installation of OS or reformatting OSTs when I move to 2.4.1.
Just upgrading the Lustre Kernel and Lustre Packages to 2.4.1 should do. right?

Regards,

Indivar Nair

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Dilger, Andreas <andreas.dilger at intel.com<mailto:andreas.dilger at intel.com>> wrote:
On 2013/20/06 6:21 AM, "Indivar Nair" <indivar.nair at techterra.in<mailto:indivar.nair at techterra.in>> wrote:

>Hi ...,
>

>Lustre 2.4 was supposed to be released as a "Maintenance Release' -
>
>  https://wiki.hpdd.intel.com/display/PUB/Community+Lustre+Roadmap
>
>so how come it has been released as a 'Feature Release'?
>
>  https://wiki.hpdd.intel.com/display/PUB/Lustre+Releases
>

>Will it be moved to 'Maintenance Release' later?

The 2.4.0 release is one of the 6-month feature releases.
2.4.1 will be the first maintenance release on that branch.

Lustre Software Architect
Intel High Performance Data Division