[lustre-devel] DNE2 feature patch landing

Henwood, Richard richard.henwood at intel.com
Thu Jul 2 12:25:46 PDT 2015

All,

Last week a patch landed conflicting with the DNE2 project that was
preparing to land for 2.8:
http://wiki.lustre.org/Projects

The DNE2 feature patches were rapidly re-based, re-reviewed and prepared
again for landing. However, a unrelated test failure from the continuous
integration environment has delayed the landing of these three patches
beyond the feature freeze date of June 30th.

We anticipate that it would only take an extra day or two to get the
outstanding DNE2 patches landed and recommend that we extend the feature
freeze  for these to allow this OpenSFS-funded project to complete.  We
do not expect this to have a material affect on the 2.8 release date.

I'm asking the list now for a couple of supporting community voices to
endorse this request.

best regards,
Richard
Richard.Henwood at intel.com