[lustre-devel] Extended Lustre testing

Drokin, Oleg oleg.drokin at intel.com
Sun Jul 26 18:19:25 PDT 2015

Hello!

   Last LUG and at other events I have been getting questions about additional testing I perform on Lustre patches before accepting them. While explaining it in general in person when asked, I finally came up with a written Howto
   that I placed in the wiki at http://wiki.lustre.org/Testing_Setup_To_Induce_Race_Conditions

   Now, I've been doing this for a couple of years, so certain details that are obvious for me and I take for granted might be less obvious for people exposed to all of this for the first time. So now might be a good time to
   ask away your questions so that the document could be improved.

   Also, I wanted some visibility for this addition in the hopes that more people would start doing stuff like this and perhaps even enhance the technique so that the Lustre becomes even more stable and robust.

   And additionally it would be great if others share their own cool testing techniques that might be deployed by others.

   Thanks.

Bye,
    Oleg