[lustre-devel] Lustre and libreadline

Simmons, James A. simmonsja at ornl.gov
Wed Jun 3 14:07:11 PDT 2015

>You say you just install the library and not the utils, but do you
>specifically build without the utils?  Is there some existing config
>option for that?  (Hoping to save myself some grepping...) Otherwise,
>I'll have to add in that option.
>
>It also seems that readline-devel isn't available for the Intel Xeon Phi
>chips (or at least Cray doesn't have it in our build setup).

This is just papering over the real problem. The utilites should be using
getopt() instead. The only thing Parse does that is non standard is
an interactive command line. The only place I have ever used that is
for lnet selftest. Does lfs really need an interactive command line?
I think not.

- Patrick