[lustre-devel] OBD_CONNECT_* flags

Patrick Farrell paf at cray.com
Tue Jun 9 13:30:26 PDT 2015

Good afternoon,

Hopefully a fairly quick question...  I'm adding a new feature (lock
ahead) and would like to use an OBD_CONNECT flag to verify it's
supported on the server.  I took a quick stab at adding one, but I'm
getting lost in the details of how the flags are set and exchanged.

Essentially, I would like the client and server (OSS in this case) to
both have a particular OBD_CONNECT flag or the client will return
-EOPNOTSUPP when the feature (an ioctl) is invoked.
So: Is an OBD_CONNECT flag the right way to do this?
If so, could anyone give a brief explanation of how that works, or an
example to build off of?

Thanks,
- Patrick Farrell