[lustre-devel] Working on client merge

Simmons, James A. simmonsja at ornl.gov
Wed Jun 10 10:14:09 PDT 2015

>Where would be a good place to get started with helping merge the client into mainline?

Hi Ben

     Thanks for helping out for this work. I added people in the chain that have contributed a great
deal to the upstream client so we can coordinate our work. Also I like to make people aware
a lustre IRC channel does exist.   Andreas can supply the details about the IRC channel. Currently
my work has been focused on the libcfs/lnet layer. I had discuss early with Mike Shuey  since he
was also working in that area but will be migrating to the lustre core.

    Since more people are getting involved we need to find  a way to break up the work to avoid
duplicate work. Should the work be broken  up by layer, i.e lov, mdc, or by task such as removing
specific checkpatch errors with files?