[lustre-devel] Should we have fewer releases?

Rick Wagner rpwagner at sdsc.edu
Fri Nov 6 06:33:39 PST 2015

Aurélien,

Your point about the lack of bug fix releases is only partially correct. As part of their maintenance contract with OpenSFS Intel HPDD has chosen to focus on feature releases. However, there is nothing preventing the community from managing intermediate releases. Even a curated list of recommended patches and well-document and reproducible build processes would be a start.

--Rick