[lustre-devel] Remaining work needed for moving Lustre out of staging

gregkh at linuxfoundation.org gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Dec 3 00:55:50 PST 2016

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 09:53:08PM +0000, Dilger, Andreas wrote:
> Al,
> Greg recently raised the issue of what still needs to be done to
> move the Lustre code out of staging/ and into the fs/ tree.
>
> James has been doing a great job of cleaning up various checkpatch
> issues and keeping the code updated with the latest fixes, but we
> were wondering what you were aware of that needed to be cleaned
> up in Lustre?

Is the whole "mixing kernel structures in userspace structures" all
resolved now?  For some reason I thought that you had kernel locks being
passed to userspace and then back into the kernel, but it's been a long
time since I last looked...

If you feel you are ready for a "real" review, I'll be glad to go over
the code before the vfs people look at it, just let me know.  No need to
bother them if you still have basic things wrong that I can find...

thanks,

greg k-h