[lustre-devel] (no subject)

James Simmons jsimmons at infradead.org
Mon Jan 16 13:25:58 PST 2017

> Right, I meant copy in lnet-specific functionality from lctl to lnetctl.
>  I didn't mean to sound like I was suggesting moving the rest of lctl's
> non-lnet parts into lnetctl.

I think Chris means is that if we make liblnetconfig mandatory then we can
link lctl to that library and replace alot of the functionality lctl is
doing itself with the work in liblnetconfig.

Currently the library situation is a mess. We have:

liblnetconfig.so (okay)
libcfs.a
libcfsutil.a
libptlctl.a
liblustreapi.so

For liblustreapi.so it linked the libcfs*.a and libptlctl.a static
libraries. If you look at libptlctl.a its just composed of two source
files. One is debug.c which really belongs in libcfs. The other could
be replaced by libnetconfig. So we can kill off libptlctl.a. For
libcfsutil.a that should just merge into libcfs.