[lustre-devel] LNET Configuration Update/Reconciliation

Amir Shehata amir.shehata.whamcloud at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:04:59 PDT 2018

One thing to note is that lnetctl still doesn't cover all the configuration
that can be done via module params. We're trying to get it there.

There was actually a ticket that was recently opened:

https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/browse/LU-10930

Please look at my comment there. Currently if configuring the system via
lnetctl it will ignore the module parameters it handles. This was done to
avoid conflicts with existing module parameter and to give precedence to
configurations done via lnetctl.

Having a feature like what you're describing would be a good extension to
lnetctl and allow it to handle conflicts. Would be good if you open an LU
ticket to track this change.

thanks
amir