[lustre-devel] [PATCH 03/15] staging: lustre: replace simple cases of LIBCFS_ALLOC with kzalloc.

NeilBrown neilb at suse.com
Mon Jan 8 13:39:17 PST 2018

On Mon, Jan 08 2018, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 11:46:30AM +1100, NeilBrown wrote:
>> All usages of the form
>>   LIBCFS_ALLOC(variable, sizeof(variable))
>> or
>>   LIBCFS_ALLOC(variable, sizeof(variable's-type))
>> are changed to
>>   variable = kzalloc(sizeof(...), GFP_NOFS);
>> Similarly, all
>>    LIBCFS_FREE(variable, sizeof(variable))
>> become
>>    kfree(variable);
>> None of these need the vmalloc option, or any of the other minor
>> benefits of LIBCFS_ALLOC().
>> Signed-off-by: NeilBrown <neilb at suse.com>
> As this broke the kbuild system, I'll stop here in this patch series.
> Can you please fix it up, rebase and resend the remaining ones in this
> series?

Hi Greg,
 thanks for applying the patches.

 That patch had a typo in code that was only included if CONFIG_INFINIBAND is
 enabled, which I didn't have in my testing at the time.  I hadn't
 resent when I fixed it as I was waiting to see if there would be
 If the protocol is "you apply sometime after two weeks if there is no
 feedback (and no breakage)", then I'll aim to work with that.

 I'll resend with the rest of the kmalloc patches.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 832 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.lustre.org/pipermail/lustre-devel-lustre.org/attachments/20180109/ab498f88/attachment.sig>

More information about the lustre-devel mailing list