[lustre-devel] A new drivers/staging/lustre

NeilBrown neilb at suse.com
Mon Jun 11 18:24:22 PDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 12 2018, James Simmons wrote:

> The main reason people abandon things in life is feeling unsupported.
> Even if all you do is act as a cheerleader it can have a big impact
> on the people doing the work.

So much "yes".
Receiving feed-back, encouragement, affirmation that the work is valued,
is a REALLY big thing.  I do this because I'm paid, but also because I
enjoy the challenge and I value the community involvement.
A colleague in SUSE recently forwarded a line from an IRC conversation
that he was part of where someone commended me on my work on Lustre.  It
was really nice to receive that (though maybe a shame that it didn't
come more directly).
Who-ever said that - thanks!  You don't have to be writing patches to be
supporting this work.

Thanks,
NeilBrown