[lustre-devel] Regression with delayed_work in sec_gc

James Simmons jsimmons at infradead.org
Tue May 15 08:17:02 PDT 2018

Dmitry has backported your upstream commit

be3c64da248b1ada2bbcfc3855f07536d8087acb ( ptlrpc: use workqueue for
pinger)

and Sebastien tried out the change which can be seen at
https://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/31724. Sebastien is having issues with
unloading osc, mdc, ost or mdt kernel modules. He writes that he activated
Kerberos for my file system, did some IOs, then tried to unmount the
client and the  targets. Unfortunately, on some occasions, while
unmounting, the mdc module for instance has extra references (as shown by
'lsmod'), and cannot be unloaded. After a while, the extra references are
dropped, and the  module can be unloaded. It also happens on occasions on
server side, for the mdt or ost modules. I tried destroy_workqueue but
that made things worst :-( Do you know what is going on?