[lustre-devel] Lustre upstreaming status.

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.com
Fri Dec 27 08:04:25 PST 2019

Thanks for that.

My understanding is that the only sustainable plan at long term is for linux lustre client to be the same code that OpenSFS master branch
- without backward compat ifdef and similar
- without server specific code.

We need to avoid managing a kind of fork because it will too difficult to maintain both branches. IPV6 support in LNET should be at least half accepted in OpenSFS branch before going too far on that front.

Aurélien