[lustre-devel] LibCFS and LNET module versions

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.com
Fri Feb 1 02:32:01 PST 2019

Le 31/01/2019 18:47, « James Simmons » <jsimmons at infradead.org> a écrit :

    > All Lustre modules uses the Lustre version as their module version except for lnet and libcfs modules. Is there a specific
    > reason to that?

    The idea here is that lnet/libcfs is really an independent layer from
    lustre. In theory other sub systems could use it. Its true we don't
    really have a numbering system. Suggestions?

This is what I thought, but that really means we should bump the version from time to time.

If this is a separate "product" it should have its own release, and so be bumped every time there is changes/new features.

Let's say, at short term, LIBCFS_VERSION = LUSTRE_VERSION. When LNET will starting being used as a separate software, starting updating this value independently.
Ok with that? I can open a ticket if you think that's good.

Aurélien